Fever reducer and flu vaccine study
Children may be eligible to participate in a research study evaluating the effects of fever reducing medicines on fever and protection from the flu following the routine flu shot.
Qualifying participants receive:
- Compensation for time and travel for completed visits
Your child may be eligible for this study if he/she:
- Is healthy (may have a history of fever associated seizures)
- 6 through 47 months of age
- Receiving the flu shot
What is involved:
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) medication or placebo or ibuprofen medication during the 24 hours after flu vaccine
- Recording temperatures and symptoms the day of and the day following flu vaccine
- 2 study visits with blood draws and one phone call visit
NOTE: The nasal flu vaccine is now the preferred flu vaccine for healthy children 2-8 years of age.