In Practice Since 1991
Dr. Sandy Hosford lives in Durham with her husband. They have two daughters in college and she is slowly getting used to her “empty nest.” She is a native of Carrollton, GA, where she lived before attending Agnes Scott College. She completed her medical school and residency training at Duke University Medical School. Following residency Dr. Hosford joined the General Pediatric Division at Duke Medical Center where she worked prior to joining Chapel Hill Pediatrics and Adolescents in 1995.
Her clinical interests include taking care of children across the full age spectrum, from tiny infants to college students. Special interests include the care of children with asthma and allergies, ADHD, and other chronic conditions.
In her spare time, Dr. Hosford enjoys cooking, gardening, bicycling, and traveling. She has allegiance to many ACC teams including Duke, Georgia Tech, UNC, and Wake Forest!
Office Location(s): CHAPEL HILL – Chapel Hill Pediatrics and Adolescents, P.A.
Undergraduate Education: Agnes Scott College, Bachelor of Arts : 1976-1980
Medical Education: Medical Doctor, Duke University Medical School : 1980-1986
- Chief Resident, Duke University Medical Center –1990-1991
- Pediatrics – 1986-1990
- University of North Carolina Medical Center, Attending Staff – 1995 to present
- Durham Regional Hospital, Attending Staff – 1995 to present
- Duke University Medical Center, Consulting Associate Department of Pediatrics – 1992 to present
- American Board of Pediatrics : 1992 to present
- North Carolina Medical Board : 1992 to present
- North Carolina Pediatric Society – 1992 to present: Steering Committee for Pediatric Practice and Quality Partnership
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow – 1992 to present: Section on Telephone Care and Section on Administration and Practice Management