In Practice Since 2004
Dr. Jennifer Singleton lives in Chapel Hill with her husband and two sons. She grew up in Pasadena, CA and earned her undergraduate degree from Amherst College. She graduated from medical school at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX, which is also where she completed a pediatric residency. She worked at Duke in the neonatology department for 18 months before joining Chapel Hill Pediatrics in 2005.
Her medical interests include asthma and allergies, care of the newborn, and care of adolescents.
Outside interests include spending time with her family, running, hiking, and reading novels.
Office Location(s): CHAPEL HILL – Chapel Hill Pediatrics and Adolescents, P.A.
Undergraduate Education: Amherst College (summa cum laude) – 1986-1990
Medical Education: Medical Doctor – 1996-2000, Baylor College of Medicine
Graduate School Education: Master of Science – 1991-1994, California Institute of Technology
Residency: Pediatrics, Baylor College Of Medicine and Affiliated Hospitals – 2000-2003
- Durham Regional Hospital, Attending Staff – 2005 to present
- University of North Carolina Medical Center, Attending Staff – 2005 to present
- North Carolina Medical Board – 2004 to present
- American Board of Pediatrics, Fellow – 2004 to present
- North Carolina Pediatric Society: 2004 to present
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow: 2000 to present
- “A Novel Gene Containing a Trinucleotide Repeat That is Expanded and Unstable on Huntington’s Disease Chromosomes”, Cell, 1993
- “RecA-Oligonucleotide Filaments Bind in the Minor Groove of Double-stranded DNA,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, 1995.