In Practice Since 2001
Chris Morton lives in Durham, NC. He is a native of Springfield, Illinois, and attended Illinois Wesleyan University where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. He completed his medical school training at Southern Illinois University and his residency training at Vanderbilt University. Following residency, he joined Chapel Hill Pediatrics and Adolescents in 2001.
Dr. Morton is interested in all aspects of general pediatric medicine from the newborn period through adolescence. He particularly enjoys adolescent and sports medicine.
In his spare time, he enjoys time with his family, outdoor activities, swimming, running and reading.
Office Location(s): CHAPEL HILL – Chapel Hill Pediatrics and Adolescents, P.A.
Undergraduate Education: Biology, Bachelor of Arts: Illinois Wesleyan University, 1989-1993
Medical Education: Medical Doctor, Southern Illinois University: 1993-1997
- Pediatric Chief Residency, Vanderbilt University – 2000-2001
- Pediatric Internship and Residency, Vanderbilt University – 1997-2000
- Durham Regional Hospital, Attending Staff: 2001 to present
- University of North Carolina Medical Center, Attending Staff: 2001 to present
- North Carolina Medical Board – 2002 to present
- American Board of Pediatrics – 2001 to present
- North Carolina Medical Society – 2001 to present
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow – 2001 to present
Honors and Awards:
- Alpha Omega Alpha: 1996